Helping International Children Thrive!
Welcome to Embracing Horizons
We support International children so they can take full advantage of the opportunities of an international upbringing.
We work with international parents so they, in turn, can raise their children to become global citizens.
We believe it takes a village to raise a child. We support, connect and collaborate with other professionals working with international families.
Embracing Horizons: enabling your child to embrace their future
Growing up in an international environment, adapting to new values and norms can be an enormous challenge for both adults and children. At Embracing Horizons we recognise and understand the extra dynamics that can come into play with international families and how these can impact on children and young people finding their way in the world.
Some of the difficulties they may face include:
- Making new friends and adapting to new situations
- Mourning the country, friends, and family left behind
- Overcoming anxiety or shyness
- Expressing emotions in safe and acceptable ways
- Feeling angry or sad more than usual
- Dealing with diagnosed problems such as anxiety, depression, ADHD and autism spectrum disorder
- Struggling with eating, sleeping or toilet training
It can be difficult to deal effectively with these challenges, especially in a new and possibly unknown environment. That is where Embracing Horizons can help. We have developed a number of methods and services to support both parent and child.
Asking for help is not a sign of weakness but a brave step in the right direction!
Getting Started is Easy
15-minute Free Phone Call
After the intake we will send you a no obligation proposal for the first phase in our collaboration in which we get to know you and your child better
Ask a question or book an appointment below.